Having a roof over your head is a basic need. If you are frugal, like so many of us, these tips should help you get home roofing repairs or a new roof installation at the best possible price and time.
- Schedule a Regular Roof Inspection – Many common residential roof repairs are as simple as replacing missing shingles or fixing flashing that has been damaged by a storm. In many cases, you can save the cost of a full roof replacement if you have your home’s roof professionally inspected at least once each year for any early problems. An annual inspection will help your existing roof last longer as long as any needed repairs are done.
- Don’t Delay Roof Repairs – Have home roofing repairs made as soon as damage occurs. Any loose, damaged, or missing shingles should be replaced immediately. If you put off repairs then the damage will only get worse, leading to extra costs involved when you do finally get the work done. It can also end up that a roof that might have been repaired will need to be fully replaced. No one wants to pay to repair or replace a roof. But if you procrastinate when you know there is a problem, the cost of repairs may rise significantly.
Make Sure the Roof is Appropriate for Your Climate – When you have a new roof installed take into consideration the climate that your roof will be exposed to on a regular basis. Here in New England, where ice, snow, sleet and freezing temperatures are common, it is better to invest in having ice dam prevention systems installed. It is less expensive than calling a contractor out after the roof is finished.
- Get More than One Estimate on a New Roof Installation – Getting more than one quote will let you compare the important factors and components from several professionals. But remember: “If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.” The lowest price isn’t always the best value. Make sure your home roofing repairs are performed by a reputable company who will complete the job and provide ongoing support.
- Investigate the Style of Shingles You Want – Do some research to find the best shingles for your home’s roof before you start looking for a roofing company. Look into ratings, materials, warranties, and expected service life. The more you know ahead of time the better prepared you will be to make the best decisions.
- Have Roof Vents Installed – Ventilation in your roof is a must. Without a well-designed venting system in place you can experience a buildup of moisture in your attic space, which leads to mold, mildew and a shortens the life of your roof. Proper roof ventilation can help reduce these problems and extend the service life of your roof.
- Establish a Relationship with the Roofing Company – Don’t wait for an emergency to find a qualified professional for home roofing repairs. Research and interview now to find a company you trust, then keep their contact information at hand. It will save you time and money when the time comes to repair or replace your roof.
- Ask About Re-Roofing Your Home – Re-Roofing is the process of installing new roof materials over the existing materials. Ask your roofer if this is an option, or if the entire roof must be torn off and replaced. Each state has guidelines concerning the number of layers allowed on a roof. If your existing roof is already at the maximum then a tear off will be necessary.
Contact HiTech for the Best Roofing Replacement!
Find out more about your home roofing options by calling us at (800) 851-0900 to get a free roofing estimate.